For those that played EMR under the old Marathon Infinity engine, EMR 3.0 brings exciting new maps, new high resolution textures and landscapes, a completely new set of weapons, new monsters and friends, new scenery, new 16-bit sounds, original music, and a carefully woven original story line that transcends time. Using the Aleph One engine, EMR now sports loads of new special features using Aleph One's MML and Lua scripting languages. Please note that the AlephOne engine is old technology improved. Architecture is still simulated 3D, so there are no ramps, bridges, and balconies, nor horizontal doors. The sprites in EMR are made up of 2D images posed in different views, not 3D models. Do not expect the latest state-of-the-art graphics engine, but you can expect an intriguing storyline, creative map architectures, engaging graphics, original spellbinding music, and mood-setting sound effects.
Here's just a sample of the new and exciting features available in EMR 3.0:
- Levels with fog and mist
- Persistent effects such as poison, earthquakes, fire storm
spell, and timed grenades
- Original MP3 music
- 12 unique weapons, including a new Dragon Flamer and T9000
- New spells for your wand, including fire storm, teleportation,
and raise the dead
- Beautifully rendered OpenGL textures and landscapes
- New graphics for Morgana, the Trex, raven, and Jurassic
- A huge variety of new hi-res scenery items
- New holodeck programs, including driving a Flintstone mobile
- Blood Gulch style net map with 8 simulated net players and a
- A basketball court netmap where grenades in a basket win points
for your team
- A beautiful new future level that let's you drive a
- A total of 5 brand new solo maps and 4 new net maps
- Lots of updated maps with new areas, new tasks, new features,
and new secrets
- New powerups, such as apples, bananas, health kits, emergency
kits, and finally a use for all those magic scrolls!
- And much, much, more...
Click here to download EMR.